Sunday, June 22, 2014

Radish harvest...and some peppers!

I hadn't been paying much attention to the radish pot, but today as I was doing my daily garden survey, I noticed that the little guys were ready to be picked!  Last year, our radishes were cruel and produced greens, but no radishes.   I have no idea how we managed that, but there you go.  But this year we had success; here's today's parking lot garden harvest:



Yay!  I think some of these will end up on tonight's sandwiches.  I also love that they're different colors - it's like a radish variety pack.  

Did you guys grow any radishes this year?

-kala


5 comments:

Lizzie said...

Your radishes look great! Year after year I keep trying radishes, and I have beautiful leafy greens up top, but when I pull them, nothing down below - just like you described! I've tried several different varieties, and get the same results every time. I'm pretty much ready to give up on radishes and just get 'em at the Farmers Market!

Tamsin North said...

Those are some seriously gorgeous colors. Yum!

kbrs23 said...

They look so good! I'm bummed, this is the first summer in at least 5 years that we have not grown SOMETHING. It was turning into a lot of work but I'm really missing it this year :(

ElleS said...

Those are some great looking radishes! I have never been good at growing any kind of veg, I am still impressed that I am keeping my herbs alive :)

Lucy Bowen said...

We always grow radishes as my husband loves them. Not as many varieties though - I will have to look out for different ones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...