Friday, February 14, 2014

Adventures in Gelli Printing

Lately, the dining table has been getting a lot of use. No, not for eating on, but for printing:


After reading about monoprinting in one of my classes, I decided that I wanted to give it a try.  Because really, just reading about an art technique is only so much fun, right?  So after a bit of research, I decided to pick up a Gelli Arts Printing Plate.  It seemed like a fun way to jump into printing, and I love that I don't need a press!  We bought the 6 X 6 plate, I figured it would be a good place to start and I can always buy another one later.  It's been a ton of fun playing around with this thing so far.  Here are some of my favorite prints I've pulled:




Some of the prints I've done are actual monoprints, but it's also fun to layer things, re-press, and see what happens. 

In other printing news, I signed up for a screenprinting workshop taking place in a couple of months; I'm super excited! 

Have you guys played with any kind of printing?  I'd love to hear about it!

-kala

2 comments:

JFibers said...

Ohhhhh... I thought about buying a classroom set of these plates but they were too expensive for a whole set. Instead I used a cookie sheet filled with gelatin. Worked pretty well.... Nice prints!!

JFibers said...

http://onecrayolashort.blogspot.com/2012/10/gelatin-printmaking.html
Like this....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...