Friday, December 20, 2013

Winter Break!

Fall semester is over and I'm so glad to be on Winter break!  It's a nice little break before heading into the Spring semester.  Although, like I was telling a friend this week, it seems wrong here in Minnesota to call anything that starts in January a "Spring" semester since it takes place during the most horrifying months of Winter.

Anyway, we put up our tree (finally!):

  
As you can see, we have a pretty wee Christmas tree.  As you might not be able to see, it's duct taped to the table to keep Ritz from taking down the whole operation.

I've also been knitting a bit!  I started a pair of mittens but the yarn I was using foiled my plans.  You know those skeins that you try in several different projects and they never quite turn out how you want them to?  This yarn is all about that.  Something about the colors just looks awful in every pattern I've tried.  But I did inherit a big ol' cone of silvery laceweight that will someday become a shawl.  Because I clearly don't have enough shawls, right?

What are you guys up to?  Any last minute gift crafting?

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sweet tree! I am still going to knit some sort of a headband ear warmer thing-y for one friend and a pair of wrist warmers for another...and hopefully a little cup wrapper for each of them...I have a few days left...HA!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

~Have a lovely day!

Adi. said...

Yes! I love being on Winter break, but my Spring semester doesn't start till early February. Let's enjoy the break time that we have though. :)

The problem that my sister usually has with the Christmas tree is Soldier (our pit bull) trying to pee on it all the time! Hopefully your tree stays in tact by the end of Christmas. x)

You should post some of your latest creations by the way, I'd love to see them. Happy Holidays!


P.S: I just realized that you listed my blog on your "Blogs To Love." Thank you so much!!<3

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

poorasfolk said...

This is completely unrelated to the holidays or crafting but...
I love that you have Ryan Adams on your wall.

JFibers said...

Nice tree... I especially like that one sweater ornament!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...