Saturday, November 30, 2013

Small Business Saturday

Today, since it's Small Business Saturday, my husband and I did some Christmas shopping at a few local shops.  We're lucky enough to live in a pretty awesome part of the city that's within walking distance of some great shops.  That being said, it's always nice to have a reminder to shop local and support some of the businesses that make a city unique.

One of the best places we stopped by today was new to us, St. Paul Pet Supply.  From the outside, it looks like it only has stuff for dogs, but there is actually a fair amount of supplies and toys for kitties too.  It was a cute little shop with great prices and a fun selection of toys, so we'll be back for sure.  They also gave out reuseable shopping bags full of samples in celebration of Small Business Saturday, so that was cool too.

We also stopped by Wet Paint and I got a little something for my husband.  If you are an art supply or office supply junkie, you need to head over to Wet Paint immediately, you will be in heaven!

After we finished our shopping trip, we decided to have lunch at World Street Kitchen.  I'm pretty obsessed with this place, they have AMAZING food and if you haven't been there, you need to go NOW!  We shared a vegan plate of dips and we each had a Bangkok Burrito with crispy tofu:


We went to a few other places, but I think I'll save those for a longer post I'm planning on local shops to visit for holiday gifts.

Did you do any shopping for Small Business Saturday today?

-kala

1 comment:

Marissa Rath said...

I didn't go out on Saturday, but I did small business shop on Friday instead. I don't do that black friday madness but my mom and I hit up the new baby boutique and multiple little shops along the walk. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...